Saturday, May 11, 2013

So, now I am a morning person. And a podcast person.  And I am teaching, sort of.  I am up early on a Saturday, waiting for my son to wake up.  Rain is POURING down and I have no idea what is going to happen today.

There is no Homeland right now.  I have Game of Thrones, which I am also reading on my kindle when William lets me have it, Elementary (thanks, Dianna), Veep. . .SO FUNNY but LOTS of bad words, and finally, Community.  Community lost its footing for a while- not so much that, but after Dan Harmon left, it felt like its heart was gone.  The comedy seemed forced and the cast members seemed less invested in the crazy.  This happens a lot on television.  Somehow that "magic" fades away.  This is one of my favorite clips from Community:


Right?  So funny because everyone was committed to the Bit. 
Dan Harmon was the creator and show runner on Community.  He was fired.  He heard about it from the internet.  Supposedly, he was going to continue to be involved in the show somehow.  This is what he said:

"I do want to correct a couple points of spin, now that I'm free to do so: The important one is this quote from Bob Greenblatt in which he says he's sure I'm going to be involved somehow, something like that," Harmon wrote. "That's a misquote.  I think he meant to say he's sure cookies are yummy, because he's never called me once in the entire duration of his employment at NBC.  He didn't call me to say he was starting to work there, he didn't call me to say I was no longer working there and he definitely didn't call to ask if I was going to be involved.  I'm not saying it's wrong for him to have bigger fish to fry, I'm just saying, NBC is not a credible source of All News Dan Harmon."

HEY!  STOP MESSING WITH GOOD SHOWS.  YOU ARE RUINING THEM, FACELESS NETWORK EXECUTIVES.

Creative types are difficult.  I know because I am married to one.  I don't know Dan Harmon,, but if he gets mad at everyone because his files won't attach to his email correctly or if he is out of coffee creamer or if he forgets it's his son's field day or if you ACCIDENTALLY drive over the lawn a tiny bit to get to your drive way, but it's really his fault for not parking the van properly. . .well, maybe he deserved a bit if a reprimand.  But we put up with it because they are creative. 

Community has come back a bit lately.   Let's keep our fingers crossed for season 5.

1 comment:

  1. PS: the best part is Troy tripping over the body at the end.

    ReplyDelete