Thursday, March 7, 2013

Something lost

I look into the mirror, and I am a shell of my former self.  How did I get so lost.  I am not the precocious girl, so full of promise.  Cock sure and wry.  I am middle aged and basically a failure.  Girls I went to school with are doctors and lawyers.  Indian chiefs.  Once, I read prolifically.  everything from Shakespeare to Leonard.  Now, my eyes are so bad I can barely read my computer.  .I can't blame drugs. . .or alcohol.  Just indifference.  How can I recapture. . .not youth, but vigor.  Hopefully, with this blog, I can find my way back.  For my son's sake.  And my husband.  I am driving him crazy. 

This was the quote under my yearbook picture:

Live fast
  Be a spark and glow a while 
You'll be dead a long, long time  
Be a shooting star 
And in one mad moment 
Burning bright Light the night 
And make us stand in awe 
Live fast 
Be a supernova 
Explode now while you can 
Then flashing in the pan 
Be a streak of red 
Against the grey  
Do it young  
Don't let time slip away  
And make us real 
And feel And see 
Your beauty 
Live fast.





No comments:

Post a Comment